New Homeowner Lawn Care Products from Snapper
May 28, 2013
HOW TO ARTICLES: LAWN CARE TIPS | YARD & MOWER MAINTENANCE | SNAPPER MOWERS
As a new homeowner, it is important not to underestimate the importance of your new yard and the lawn care it will take to maintain beautiful grass. Let Snapper be your guide and provide all the must-have lawn care advice you will need as a proud homeowner. Your garage will be stocked in no time!
The Best Lawn Mower for any Yard Size
Many new homeowners have the pleasure of purchasing their first lawn mower. However, choosing the best lawn mower for your needs may be a bit trickier than you think. Take yard size & terrain into consideration. The list below will make the choice a breeze.
• Small Yard - Push Mowers
These push mowers easily maneuver around trees and can handle ¼ to ½ of an acre of grass. For a lawn that needs grass nutrients, make sure you choose a model with mulching capabilities. And for a more mature, healthy lawn, a grass bag catcher is your best bet.
• Medium Yard - Lawn tractor or Riding Mowers
Lawn tractors and riding mowers, like the Rear Engine Rider from Snapper, go the extra mile and easily handle 1– 3 acres of grass. Most mowers have the option to add attachments like a mulching kit or grass bags. Some even have snow blower attachments to save you from another big purchase.
• Big Yard - Lawn tractor or Zero Turn Mowers
For new homeowners with big backyard dreams, there is a lawn mower to match. Lawn tractors and zero turn mowers don’t mess around and can handle anywhere from 1 – 3+ acres of grass. The heavy duty mower deck and zero turn radius functionality makes mowing through tight spots easy. And finally, mower attachments like the grass mulcher and dump cart make ztr & tractors worthy of your new yard!
Basic Lawn Care Products
Now that you have an idea of the mower needed to keep mowing the lawn fun & easy, you stock up on other essentials with this new homeowner list of basic yard care products for maintaining a healthy yard.
• Yard Gloves – yard work can get dirty fast, keep your hands fresh with gloves.
• Gas Can – Be ready to fuel up your mower and other outdoor power products. [Opportunity to educate distinction between 2-cycle and 4-cycle products, use of proper fuel (i.e. less than 10% ethanol) and fuel stabilizer.]
• Weed control – for any pesky weeds the previous owners may have left behind.
• Grass seed – Plant seedlings for any bare spots in your new lawn.
• Fertilizer –revitalize your new lawn with the lush green grass you dreamt about during all of those renting years.
Fertilizer spreader – this nifty lawn care product will help evenly spread the grass nutrients, making sure not to under fertilizer or over fertilize.
• Garden Hose & Lawn Sprinklers – watering the grass (especially after fertilizing) is the easiest way to maintain a healthy lawn. Invest in a good sprinkler and a hose long enough to reach your whole lawn to avoid frustration and keep yard work fun.
• Grass Clippers – take care of tall grass in spots a mower cannot reach.
• Rake – fall will be here before you know it, so be ready for raking leaves. You can even look forward to jumping in your first leaf pile as new homeowners.
• Shovels – They’ll come in handy; can ya dig it?
• Ladder – Those gutters aren’t going to clean themselves.
Now that you are a prepared new homeowner, it’s time to get to work. Take this lawn care advice and apply it to your new lawn. For any questions about the best lawn mower for you contact a Snapper Dealer in your area today.