Reintroducing the Snapper Rear Engine Rider!
March 6, 2013
HOW TO ARTICLES: REAR ENGINE RIDING MOWER | RE RIDER INFO | SNAPPER MOWERS
Introduced originally in 1962, the Rear Engine Rider from Snapper was quickly embraced as a classic. It is best known as the riding mower featured in Forrest Gump and has inspired enthusiasts for the model and Snapper brand.
While the tried and tested design has been a favorite for over 50 years, Snapper has redesigned the Rear Engine Rider with updated modern technology and mowing innovations. The new models feature all of the classic riding mower parts you grew to love with the addition of modern comfort.
Each model comes equipped with a small engine from Briggs & Stratton, an original feature known for reliability and longevity to change. That, however, is one of the only remaining components of this efficient and innovative new rear engine design from Snapper!
Efficiency & The New Rear Engine Rider
Each new model has riding mower parts that allow for maximum mowing productivity with these features:
- You won't miss a spot during a mow with the new reverse activation
- No more plowing or skidding with a tighter turn radius
- The infinite speed adjustment feature is designed to reduce mow time and allow for speed changes on uneven hills and slopes
- The redesigned steering column allows for one handed PTO engagement
- Each engine is equipped with an easy reach key switch and electric start for a trusted and reliable start, every time
- The easy entry and exit platform is an exciting new design that allows the operator to quickly hop on or off the riding mower
The Redesigned Rear Engine Riding Mower
The new rear engine rider comes with these features to keep your mind at ease and your grass looking great:
- Reliable front lighting will provide guidance when mowing through thicker areas of your lawn and yard
- Staying hydrated during lawn maintenance is a must, never go thirsty again with the redesigned side cup holder
- A key component is comfort especially with the redesigned, easily adjustable, padded seating
- The solid metal construction provides the strength needed to reliably cut your lawn
Innovation and the Improved RE Rider
Now the rear engine rider will be adored for its classic design, and for these new innovations:
- Easily shift from mulching to discharging clippings into the attachable lawn mower bag
- The easy lift lever adjusts the height of cut, even during the mow
- Mower deck leveling with a single wrench allows for easy adjustments throughout mowing
- The flip up seat drains collected rain water and provides easy access to the battery, engine or transmission
Check out the complete features of the rear engine riding mower now!
Want to check out the new Snapper Rear Engine Rider in person? Find Snapper dealers in your area and be the first to test and discover how this rear engine riding mower will change the way you mow your lawn!